Do you have at least 3 years of nonprofit accounting experience?
Are you highly organized and detail oriented?
Do you enjoy working collaboratively across teams and departments?
We are currently in search of an Accounting and Advancement Administrator for a Civic & Social Organization. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a full-time, permanent position.
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Accounting and Advancement Administrator
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Accounting and Advancement Administrator supports both the Accounting Team with bookkeeping responsibilities and the Advancement Team with donor stewardship and fundraising administration.
Our client is a Civic & Social Organization aspiring to educate and spread awareness about interfaith cooperation.
- 15 days of vacation to new hires
- Floating holidays for you to observe days that are important to you
- Free medical, dental and vision coverage for all full-time employees
- Coverage to dependents with only a small contribution from staff
- 403(b) plan with employer contributions
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree required in a related field such as Accounting, Business or Social Sciences
- 3+ years professional experience in a related field including accounting, fundraising, or nonprofit administration required
- Demonstrated accounting, donation/grants management or data management experience required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel) required
- Proficient in Quick Books or Salesforce and a willingness to learn and champion both systems required
- Meticulous and detail-oriented mindset
- Self-motivated and independently sets a high bar of excellence for their work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple ongoing projects
- Collaborative nature; flexibility and agility in problem-solving
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure while maintaining attention to detail
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Oversee account receivables and accounts payable in QuickBooks
- Support the organization in exploring new budget management tools to provide our growing organization’s need for more advanced tracking and reporting systems
- Review expense reimbursement forms and check request forms for proper coding, and exercise discretion on changes that need to be made
- Manage weekly check cutting process
- Facilitate invoicing process, including creating, sending, and following up on invoices
- Supervise relationships with external vendors and create recurring check requests for operational expenses
- Deposit checks and cash at the bank weekly
- Report monthly on departmental budgets, and exercise discretion to identify and correct potential errors
- Download and code monthly credit card expenses, and reconcile credit cards in QuickBooks.
- Manage W9s, process and send 1099s annually
- Identify and record prepaid and accrued expenses as needed
- Identify and record deferred revenue entries in the general ledger
- Review the accounts receivable aging report and follow up on outstanding balances
- Maintain a well-organized filing system of accounts receivables and accounts payables supporting documents
- Assist Accounting Manager with month end and year end closing
- Assist Accounting Manager in preparing schedules for annual audit
- Design and refine processes for recurring donations, including following up on lapsed recurring individual giving donations and foundation grants
- Create, monitor and analyze Salesforce reports tracking for open and conversation rates in fundraising campaigns
- Create and/or monitor Salesforce reports tracking new, lapsed, renewal, and escalation individual donors
- Implement data entry protocols and continually improve data management process
- Exercise independent judgment in gathering and presenting financial reporting data to individual funders as needed
- Prepare supporting documents for grant proposal submissions.
- Maintain a well-organized electronic and hard-copy filing system of all received checks, cash, EFT and stock transfers
- Process all credit card donations in Salesforce
- Participate in monthly donation reconciliation processes with the Accounting Manager
- Troubleshoot tracking issues and processes with Institutional Advancement team, Salesforce Manager and Accounting Manager
- Participate, as needed, in check processing procedures
- Carefully craft catered acknowledgement letters, accounting for the particular relationship with each donor, ensuring high-level donor engagement.
- Create, edit and send annual tax acknowledgement letters for all individual giving donations and foundation grants
- Maintain a well-organized filing system of signed tax acknowledgement letters in both hard-copy and electronic filing systems
- Other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Accounting and Advancement Administrator” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.