Are you a budding data-entry professional with an interest in serving impoverished communities?
We are currently in search of an Accounting Assistant for an international organization. The position is based in Oakland, CA. This is a temporary, part-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: International organization
LOCATION: Oakland, CA
POSITION TITLE: Accounting Assistant
DURATION: Temporary, Ongoing
SCHEDULE: Part-Time, 16-24 hours per week
HOURLY RATE: $18-$22/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? As an Accounting Assistant, you will be directly supporting the Accounting Manager by assisting with the nonprofit’s month-end closing and day-to-day reconciliations. This is an exciting entry-level position for an individual interested in pursuing a career in bookkeeping or donation management.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 1-2 years of administrative, accounting, or bookkeeping experience.
- Experience in Financial Edge, Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Experience working in nonprofits.
- Possess a positive, friendly approach with high attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Comfortable working in a small office setting.
- Must be able to commute to Oakland office.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Work closely with Accounting Manager to provide basic journal entries.
- Process bank reconciliations for Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Fixed Assets.
- Input all necessary information for credit card donations.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Accounting Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.