Do you have 1+ year of finance experience?
Are you interested in expanding your finance skills while contributing to a family oriented nonprofit?
We are currently in search of an Accounting Assistant for a Family Network Organization. The position is based in Columbia, MD. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Family Network Organization
LOCATION: Columbia, MD
POSITION TITLE: Accounting Assistant
SCHEDULE: 40 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $40,000-45,000/year
Is This Your Dream Job? The Accounting Assistant supports all Finance Department functions, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger entry and analysis, fee-for-service accounting, filing and other tasks assigned by the Senior Director of Finance and Administration.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 1+ year of accounting experience; preferably for a nonprofit organization
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience with QuickBooks preferred
- Grant accounting and payroll experience preferred
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, anticipate issues and prioritize assignments
- Flexibility to adapt to changing systems and processes
- Experience working with young, adolescents or young adults with behavioral health needs
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Accounts payable- reviewing and processing vendor invoices and properly coding into accounting system
- Accounts Receivable – preparing invoices based on grant requirements, preparing bank deposits and assisting with collection of outstanding balances
- Payroll – Processing bi-weekly payroll and employee expense reimbursements
- Assists with other accounting system processing, including journal entries
- Assists with monthly financial closing process
- Manages, submits and tracks claim reimbursements, resubmittals and collections
- Purchases customized goods and services; manages related monitoring, tracking and reporting tasks
- Other related duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Accounting Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.