Do you have at least 7 years accounting experience in a nonprofit organization?
Do you have a good knowledge of government regulations, policies and procedures relevant to grants?
Would you describe yourself as energetic, quick-thinking and forthright?
We are currently in search of an Accounting & Compliance Associate, Grants Management for a Faith Based Organization. The position is based in Downtown Atlanta, Ga. This is a Full-Time, Temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Faith Based Organization
LOCATION: Downtown Atlanta, GA
POSITION TITLE: Accounting Compliance Associate, Grants Management
DURATION: Full-time/Temporary (4-6 Months)
Is This Your Dream Job? The Accounting & Compliance Associate will play a crucial role in reviewing and providing input into grant agreements to ensure compliance in grant tracking and reporting requirements. This associate would work with and report to the Director of Grants Compliance & Donor Reporting.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration
- 7 years of related experience in grants financial management; including knowledge of budgeting and accounting procedures for grants
- Good knowledge of government regulations, policies and procedures relevant to grants
- Familiarity with OMB circulars applied to US Federal grants
- Experience with budget proposals to Federal awarding agencies
- Ability to administer grant compliance and reporting requirements
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Understanding BvA analysis i.e. seeking explanations to variances +/-
- Understanding terms of agreement and identify potential risk
- General Understanding of OMB circulars
- Assist with reading and researching Uniform Guidance key provisions
- Assist with reading and interpreting grant policy
- General Understanding of Compliance review
- Assist with compliance sample testing and other controls
- Assist with reviewing of financial compliance checklist
- Assist with month end review and approval of J/E and other acidity
- Review month reconciliation reports
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org “Accounting Associate” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.