Do you have at least 5 years experience in accounting, including public accounting?
Do you have 2+ years experience supervising accounting staff?
Are you a Certified Public Accountant?
We are currently in search of an Accounting Lead for a Social Service Organization. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a full-time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Service Organization
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Accounting Lead
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent
SALARY: $22.00 – 24.00/hr
Is This Your Dream Job?
This opportunity lends itself to someone who will thrive in a fast-paced, result-oriented environment and can manage multiple priorities. The ideal candidate will have a strong customer service orientation in all dealings with internal and external customers and demonstrate a willingness to be innovative in their approach to tasks. An openness to learning how to execute at a tactical level, but show a willingness to see the bigger impact to the organization. The Accounting Lead will take direction and guidance from and report to the Controller.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, concentration in Accounting or Finance required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or ability to prove less than 6 months from completion required
- 2-5 years of professional experience
- Possess strong verbal and written communications skills
- Enjoy problem solving and research
- Deliver quality work on a tight deadline in a fast-paced environment
- Possess a professional, highly motivated and enthusiastic attitude
- Strong project coordination skills
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize projects based on deadlines and requirements
- Experience using business software such as accounting, financial modeling, forecasting
- Strong attention to detail
- Constantly striving for personal and professional growth and development
- Knowledge of GAAP and internal controls
- Can adapt quickly to unexpected opportunities and challenges with energy and enthusiasm
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Coordinate and prepare reporting and vouchers for government grants, including reconciliation and analysis of supporting data and documentation. Work with internal and external parties in order to obtain support needed for expenditures and enforce compliance, where applicable.
- Maintain and update all pertinent ﬁnancial records and transactions into the accounting system.
- Manage payroll database for organization and process on a scheduled basis. Prepare reports for leadership review.
- Support the team with overall maintenance, creation, and adherence to internal control systems.
- Serve as lead on all accounts payable and accounts receivable related activity. Proactively identify areas or opportunities for improving departmental processes and procedures.
- Work in collaboration with Controller to oversee grant‐related data‐tracking and organization of documents via hard ﬁles and soft to ensure clean ﬁ Assist team with compliance audits ranging from voucher audits to external audit and tax preparation.
- Support Controller in month‐end close procedures, budget preparations.
- Assume responsibility for ad‐hoc projects assigned by the Controller and/or VP of Finance & Administration related to the implementation of strategic initiatives and growth of the organization.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Accounting Lead” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.