Do you have 2+ years of administrative support experience?
Do you have experience with Netforum database?
We are currently in search of an Administrative Assistant for a Volunteer organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Volunteer Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC (Farragut North)
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant
SCHEDULE: 40 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $14.00 – $17.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Administrative Assistant will provide customer support to members by phone and email. This person will serve as the first point of contact for visitors and callers.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years front-end administrative support experience required
- Prior Membership/Non-Profit Association experience
- Experience in Netforum Association Software preferred but not mandatory
- Attention to detail and proofing their work is essential
- Quick learner
- Background check, as they will be processing credit card payments
- Proficient in Word & Excel
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Answer phones
- Open and distribute mail
- Process association memberships, data information changes and event registrations into the Netforum database
- Process payments for memberships and event registrations thru the Netforum database
- Keep simple Microsoft Excel spreadsheets for event registrations
- Run simple queries in the Netforum database
- Prepare seminar handouts in Microsoft Word
- Attend during and after-hour events, with the rest of the staff, to help with event registrations. Attendance at these events is mandatory. These events are always in downtown DC, and the after-hour events are usually over by 7:30 pm. There will be approximately 1 after-hours event per month, and the person will have plenty of notice about them. Again, attendance is mandatory.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.