Do you have 1-2 years of administrative experience in a professional setting?
Do you have excellent organization skills and exceptional talent in communications?
Are you interested in working with a communications and media?
We are currently in search of an Administrative Assistant for an Educational Institution. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Educational Institution
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for administrative tasks within the office, planning and production of events and seminars, and creating content for media to promote activities. The Administrative Assistant will also provide support to the faculty of the program.
Our client embodies a collegial culture. It is an autonomous environment, and they seek eager, intelligent, self-motivated individuals who also exemplify a strong work ethic and spirit to learn.
- Health, Vision, and Dental Plans
- Retirement Plans
- Paid Vacation, Sick, and Personal Days
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 1-2 years’ experience of administrative experience in a professional setting
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in communications, journalism, or related field
- Ability to work independently and productively
- High level of proficiency in written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of how to utilize MS Office, Adobe, and Social Media
- Congressional experience or interest preferred
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Administrative assistant duties such as answering phone calls, taking messages, etc.
- Searching for internship opportunities within the Washington, DC area
- Assisting with technological and IT needs in the office
- Conduct research and prepare materials on journalism and media industry topics to be used in programs, publications and initiatives
- Assist in planning and production of events and seminars; this includes working with staff and vendors, preparing printed and electronic materials, arranging travel, maintaining contact with speakers and participants, maintaining electronic databases, and distributing invitations and news releases
- Assist in production of audio-visual and multi-media materials, create content for news releases, web sites, social media and emails to promote and highlight activities
- Other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line.