Are you passionate about administrative support and have at least 2 years of experience?
Are you interested in working with a dynamic, mission-driven team?
We are currently in search of an Administrative Assistant for an Educational Advocacy Organization. The position is based in Rockville, MD. This is a part-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Educational Advocacy Organization
LOCATION: Rockville, MD
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant
DURATION: Temporary (~4 months)
SCHEDULE: 20 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $14.00 – $16.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? Fast-paced office environment with a wide variety of responsibilities. Reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for keeping the whole office functioning properly. Working in the database to log volunteer and donor information, keeps track of office supplies and writes correspondence as needed.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in administrative roles
- Excellent database and data entry skills
- Good organization and time management skills
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude, team work ability
- Good communication and people skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Enter volunteer hours in database
- Create skill book certificates
- Order office supplies as needed
- Report RSVP hours
- Create deposit slips and transmittals for all incoming checks
- Manage petty cash
- With Executive Director, reconcile the cash/ check drop box on a weekly basis
- Create and mail volunteer anniversary letters
- Circulate staff birthday and anniversary cards
- Prepare and deposit monthly invoices
- Update donor database with all donations received
- Create thank you letters to donors for Executive Director signature
- Support with event related administrative tasks
- Performs other program support duties as assigned.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.