Do you have administrative experience including scheduling meetings and arranging travel for large groups?
Do you have passion for serving associations?
Do you have basic accounting skills?
We are currently in search of an Administrative Assistant – Meetings for a Membership Organization. The position is based in Atlanta, GA. This is a Part-Time, Temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Membership Organization
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant – Meetings
SALARY: $15 – $17/hour
DURATION: Part-Time (21 hours/week); ongoing
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the growing team and will report to the CEO.
Our client is a national, multi-chapter membership organization that is headquartered in Atlanta, GA. The organization has 25,000+ members and provides resources and education to all of its members.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years of experience in a receptionist/administrative role
- Experience managing an office filing system
- Understands basic accounting
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Previous association experience preferred
- Experience with meetings
- Scheduling and setting up meeting with hotels
- Experience arranging travel
- Proficiency in MS Office (Powerpoint, Excel, and Word)
- Knowledge of Quickbooks is a plus
- Professional demeanor both in person and on the phone
- Excellent attention to detail, organization and prioritizing skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Build and manage an office filing system
- Providing meeting coordination and planning
- Provide administrative support and scheduling for staff and members
- Communicate with staff and members as necessary regarding meetings and events
- Attend business meetings (up to 5 meetings per year)
- May include overnight travel and domestic travel
- Create powerpoint presentations
- Perform basic accounting functions
- Arrange and manage travel
- Other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you!
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Admin Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
** Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.