Are you a detail-oriented administrative professional with an interest in meetings and conferences?
Do you have passion for serving associations?
Do you have basic accounting skills including experience using Quickbooks?
We are currently in search of an Administrative Assistant for a Membership Organization. The position is based in Atlanta, GA. This is a part-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Membership Organization
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant
SALARY: $14 – $18/hour
DURATION: Part-Time (21 hours/week); ongoing
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Administrative Assistant will perform basic administrative functions including answering the phone, arranging travel, putting together presentations, filing, and completing basic accounting tasks.
Our client is a national, multi-chapter membership organization that is headquartered in Atlanta, GA. The organization has 25,000+ members and provides resources and education to all of its members.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years of experience in a receptionist/administrative role
- Experience creating and managing an office filing system
- Understands basic accounting
- Calendaring and arranging travel
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Previous association experience preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word)
- Knowledge of QuickBooks is a huge plus
- Professional demeanor both in person and on the phone
- Excellent attention to detail, organization and prioritizing skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates self-initiative; able to problem solve and complete tasks independently
- Ability to travel 5 days within the U.S. once/year
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Build and manage an office filing system
- Providing meeting coordination and planning
- Provide administrative support and scheduling for staff and members
- Answering phones
- Completing forms and documents
- Communicate with staff and members as necessary regarding meetings and events
- Manage chapter rosters
- Create PowerPoint presentations
- Perform basic accounting functions
- Arrange and manage travel
- Other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you!
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Admin Assistant – Membership Org” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
** Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.