Do you identify as a go-getter with a passion for annual giving?
Do you have 3-4 years annual giving experience in a philanthropic environment?
Have you managed a direct mail campaign?
Are you ready to bring your digital marketing experience to a dedicated and seasoned development team?
We are currently in search of an Assistant Director of Annual Giving for a Higher Education Institution. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a permanent, full-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Higher Education Institution
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Director of Annual Giving
SALARY: $55,000 – 58,000
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Assistant Director of Annual Giving is responsible for executing the Annual Giving program to receive gifts via 3 separate funds; the annual fund, a grateful patient program, and gift renewal program. He or she will collaborate with senior leadership to strategize on how to maximize annual giving campaigns and major gift prospects. The Assistant Director of Annual Giving develops an annual solicitation plan which includes direct mail, online giving, etc. He or she manages stewardship initiatives such as gift acknowledgement, donor benefits programs, and recognition plans. The Assistant Director of Annual Giving utilizes internal and external resources to produce print and web-based materials for annual giving and will track outcomes. This role also analyzes potential prospects, annual projections, budgets, etc. This role will work closely with the Associate Vice President of Development.
Our client is a well–organized, prestigious university in the Chicagoland area. It is heavily metrics driven with a wide range of groundbreaking research and academic programs.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3-4+ years experience in annual funds, experience with online giving platforms strongly preferred
- 5+ years experience, preferably in a philanthropic, complex environment
- Experience with direct mail and digital marketing programs strongly preferred
- BA/BS degree
- Go-getter, driven and strategic, forward thinker
- Strong ability to learn development databases
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, high degree of initiative
- Strong work ethic and professionalism, ability to work with multiple teams and personalities
- Familiarity working with high-level staff members and donors
- Ability to gain consensus from team, motivate staff
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Developing an annual giving plan and managing all integrated programs such as direct mail, online giving, etc.
- Creating procedures around gift acknowledgement, managing benefits programs for select fund donors
- Implementing recognition plans and associated documents for previous donors
- Collaborating with internal and external resources to create print and web-based materials to support giving efforts, ensuring accurate gift reporting
- Keeping donors informed on ongoing projects and department developments; utilizing these connections to inform and encourage engagement
- Analyzing prior giving trends to best support annual fund success
- Developing reports and projections, budgets, etc.
- Participating in staff meetings and traveling to events on nights and weekends as needed
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Assistant Director of Annual Giving” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.