Do you have 4 years of experience as a Bookkeeper?
Do you have expert level experience working with QuickBooks?
We are currently in search of a Bookkeeper for a Nonprofit Organization. The position is based in Downtown Chicago, IL. This is a full-time, temporary-to-permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Nonprofit Organization
LOCATION: Downtown Chicago
POSITION TITLE: Bookkeeper
SALARY: Commensurate with Experience
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Bookkeeper is responsible for the creation of financial transactions including critical review of summitted invoices, approved budgets, completeness and accuracy, payment processes, and utilizing QuickBooks software at an expert level.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Associates degree in Accounting or Business Administration required, Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration preferred
- Minimum 4 years Bookkeeping and/or Accounting experience required
- QuickBooks Software experience required
- Decisive and detail oriented
- Strong communication and people skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Invoice review and accuracy check
- QuickBooks data load
- Maintain QuickBooks chart of accounts
- Update of invoices/check payment tracker tool
- Conduct month reconciliation of budget and revised budget balances
- Track accumulative spend vs. program budgets
- Calculate program variances from the budget
- Maintain and orderly accounting filing system
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Bookkeeper” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.