Do you have 2-5 years of experience in association sales and membership management?
Do you enjoy traveling?
Do you have experience working with exhibits?
We are currently in search of a Business Development Coordinator for an Association. The position is based in Northern Chicagoland. This is a full-time, temporary to permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Association
LOCATION: Western Chicagoland
POSITION TITLE: Business Development Coordinator
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent
SALARY: $16.00 – $18.00/Hr
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Business Development Coordinator is responsible for sales, sales retention and increasing revenue through exhibit, sponsorships, corporate membership and assessment & certification sales. This is a great opportunity for someone with 2 – 5 years of association/exhibit sales experience, to make an immediate and significant impact in a small association representing a large industry.
Our client is a member driven, international association of business professionals.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelors’ degree and 2 to 5 years of experience in association sales
- Proven sales experience and success
- Excellent and proven client service skills and the ability to work with a variety of internal and external customers
- Ability to manage time effectively, prioritize, organize self to perform work accurately with detail orientation required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to interact with industry and association personnel
- Proficiency in a variety of software an online applications including: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and association AMS (iMIS)
- Available for domestic travel 3 to 5 times per year
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of company product/services’ value propositions and be able to articulate it to existing prospective members/customers
- Work closely with members, business partners and other stakeholders to develop relationships with appropriate decision-makers at those organizations
- Secure exhibit and sponsorship sales through lead generation and business relationships, including increasing exhibit and conference sponsorship sales revenue
- Secure new corporate memberships
- Identify and develop existing clients and secure new clients for Assessment & Certification program
- Analyze existing sources of non-dues revenues; revenue history; and revenue trends and develop new revenue streams
- Pull database lists for target marketing campaigns (both email and traditional mail) to different audiences
- Share in phone coverage
- Assist with and/or assume responsibility for the development, administration, and promotion of specific projects, as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Business Development Coordinator” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.