Do you have 4+ years of Business Development experience in a professional service firm?
Are you interested in fast-tracking your career and gaining useful insight into Management?
Are you interested in working for a leading, international consulting firm?
We are currently in search of a Business Development Manager for a Consulting Firm. The position is based in Downtown Chicago, IL. This is a full-time, permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Consulting Firm
LOCATION: Downtown Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Business Development Manager
SALARY: $60,000 – $75,000
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for leading the proposal writing team. The BDM will track the complete proposal lifecycle, report on trends, identify growth opportunities and optimize processes. In addition to supervising scoping process, the BDM will work closely with consultants to provide win/loss analytics, which drive the firm towards the high value market sectors.
Our client embodies a high-performance culture. They are client-centric and committed to responding swiftly to client needs. It is a challenging environment and they seek intelligent, self-motivated individuals who are achievement-oriented. Our client serves clients in numerous sectors including Higher Education, Academic Healthcare, Independent Schools, Arts and Culture, and selected institutions in human services and national and global charities.
- Health, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance
- Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Transportation and Parking Benefits
- Gym Discount
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in Marketing, Business, Communication, or a related field
- 4+ years of proposal-writing and business development experience
- Exceptional people skills and high level of proficiency in written and oral communication skills
- Ability to provide exceptional written communication under tight deadlines
- Flexibility and a willingness to handle new and different task, take direction well, support and be responsive to the team
- Interest in knowledge of non-profit organizations and consulting
- Ability to quickly grasp complex concepts and express the in clear language
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Effectively work towards multiple priorities in a fast pace, deadline driven work environment
- Assist the proposal team to write material that represents firm-wide initiatives and messaging
- Grounded and well-informed in proposal writing, team management, research, and general information management
- Being innovative, creative and result driven
- Developing and leading teams in analyzing complex situations and information
- Manage data in multiple systems
- Contribute to the overall growth targets of the firm
We’d love to hear from you!
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Business Development Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
** Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.