Do you have experience developing and cultivating sponsorship programs?
Are you a dynamic leader with at least 3 years of management experience?
Do you have at least 5 years of international business experience?
We are currently in search of a Business Development Manager for an Association. The position is based in Northern Chicagoland. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Association
LOCATION: Northern Chicagoland
POSITION TITLE: Business Development Manager
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Business Development Manager will oversee an interdepartmental team of industry relations/business development strategists to help execute an account management program to increase sales opportunities, improve the organization’s market position with key stakeholders, reach growth targets, and maximize revenue for the organization. This position reports to the Director of Global Markets.
Our client is a member-driven, international association of business professionals.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Vacation, PTO and Sick time
- Several other additional benefits included
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred
- At least 5-7 years of experience working in a fast paced, international business environment required
- At least 3-5 years of managerial experience required
- Exceptional and open communicator who is comfortable speaking in front of others and giving presentations
- Ability to travel both domestically and abroad (up to 30%) required
- Superior sales and marketing knowledge with a demonstrated track record of successful business development, relationship management, sales, and revenue-generation
- Ability to lead and manage staff, stressing excellence and performance
- Research, analyze and report quantitative and qualitative data clearly and concisely
- Excellent critical thinking skills; has a healthy curiosity for learning and proactively seeks professional development opportunities
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Accurate and precise attention to detail while maintaining high quality standards
- Experience using a CRM system
- Fluency in a second language is a plus
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Manage the activities and performance of the industry relations/business development team; provide leadership, training, motivation, and guidance to team members
- Work with the Director of Global Markets in the development and execution of a high-performing account management program to include ensuring that data is accurately entered and managed within the organization’s CRM system
- Set targets for reaching and exceeding sales and growth targets and provide guidance and support that will continually grow and improve key relationships
- Oversee the development and implementation of corporate sponsorship/revenue generation initiatives for the association’s key events
- Develop and design business development programs with quantifiable objectives
- Maintain a thorough knowledge about the industry/profession, key markets, the solutions/services the association provides, and of the association’s competitors
- Develop comprehensive business plans for new opportunities related to member needs, market conditions, and organizational priorities
- Meet with members as well as current and potential strategic partners to grow, maintain, and leverage the association’s global network
- Research and build relationships with new clients
- Work with internal colleagues to meet customer needs
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends
- Manage budgets; including planning, monitoring, and forecasting
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Business Development Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.