Do you have demonstrated excellence in writing and editing in a business environment?
Do you thrive in a high-pressure, fast-paced work culture?
Would you consider yourself a motivated self-starter?
We are currently in search of a Business Development Writer for a National Consulting Firm. The position is based in Downtown Chicago. This is a Full-Time, Temp-to-Perm assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: National Consulting Firm
LOCATION: Downtown Chicago IL
POSITION TITLE: Business Development Writer
DURATION: Full-Time, Temp-to-Perm
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Business Development Writer (BDW) is responsible for writing and editing a range of client-facing materials, including business proposals, sales presentations, marketing collaterals, white papers, web site content, newsletters, and client deliverables. The BDW will partner with consultants to understand client needs, develop solutions, and translate those solutions into compelling text. The BDW will also support business development functions such as prospective client and sector-specific research and tracking opportunities in a relationship management system.
Our client embodies a high-performance culture. They are client-centric and committed to responding swiftly to client needs. It is a challenging environment and they seek intelligent, self-motivated individuals who are achievement-oriented. Our client serves clients in numerous sectors including Higher Education, Academic Healthcare, Independent Schools, Arts and Culture, and selected institutions in human services and national and global charities.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years professional experience in a writing/editorial or business development capacity required, nonprofit experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in English, Journalism, or other writing discipline preferred
- Experience writing and strategizing long-form or semi-long form content in a business environment
- Exceptional editorial/copy editing/proofreading skills
- Solid intermediate or advanced proficiency with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Superlative attention to detail and responsiveness under pressure
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Committed to meeting expectations for quality and accuracy under aggressive deadlines in a high-performance environment
- Motivated self-starter
- Tactful, courteous, and comfortable interacting with high-level professionals
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Partner with consultants to produce high-quality business proposals and sales presentations
- Collaborate with consultants to produce white papers, blog posts, case studies, and other thought leadership pieces
- Write and edit content for web site, ads, and other marketing collaterals
- Write, edit, and/or update consultant and staff biographies
- Help maintain the historical client list and consultants’ individual client lists
- Support production of client-facing publications
- Partner with project managers and consulting associates to produce high-quality, error-free reports and other client deliverables
- Conduct research on prospective client institutions and key personnel
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Business Development Writer” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.