Are you passionate about helping homeless youth in San Francisco? Do you have strong case management experience? Are you a people person who can interact with people from all walks of life?
We are currently in search of a Case Manager for a Social Services Organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a permanent full-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Case Manager
Is This Your Dream Job? As Case Manager reporting to Director of Quality Care, you will be responsible for providing comprehensive and individualized case management services to homeless youth in San Francisco. You will assist in providing a range of services based on client’s needs, including referrals for housing, health care, benefits, vocational classes, and mental health services.
- Medical, dental, life, and vision insurance
- 3 weeks of vacation per year, increases to 5 weeks at 5 years of employment
- Commuter benefits program
- Union representation
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 4 years of experience working with at-risk youth and/or supportive housing
- BA in Psychology, Social Work, or related field
- Possesses a California driver’s license with a clear DMV record
- Upbeat, positive attitude
- Experienced in compliance with confidentiality laws
- Experience working with minimal supervision
- Willingness to work some nights and weekends
- Working knowledge of HIPAA
- Ability to teach and model life skills
- Experience assessing mental health symptoms and behaviors
- Familiar with client-centered models, restorative justice, trauma informed care practices
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Provide client-specific case management services
- Complete wellness and welfare checks in residential units
- Teach life skills such as cooking and cleaning
- Cultivate collaborative relationships with community partners, including property managers and healthcare service providers
- Maintain detailed notes, observations, and progress records for data entry into CMIS
- Provide crisis intervention and safety planning when needed
- Intake and assessment of prospective clients
- Develop good relationships with clients while also being boundary conscious
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Case Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.