Do you have five to ten years of progressive leadership experience in high stakes examination, association management or similar?
Do you have strategic alignment experience?
Do you have the ability to work and travel nationally on weekends?
We are currently in search of a Certification Director for a National Health Organization. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a permanent, full-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Health Organization
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Certification Director
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Certification Director, leads and advocates to accomplish the strategic work plan, and ensures effective communications, systems and processes are in place. The role requires an executive skill set capable of driving an innovative approach to critical policy analysis, problem solving, facilitated decision support, and implementation of strategic work plans and directives. This position demands excellence in analytic and critical thinking skills, high range tact, diplomacy and discretion in communications, and strong project management skills.
Our client is a national health organization focused on providing research, education, and support to healthcare professionals.
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Plan with Employer Contributions
- Paid Time Off: Vacation, Personal and Sick
- Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum 5 – 10 years of progressive leadership experience in high stakes examination, association management or similar, required
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree is strongly preferred
- CAE or PMP preferred
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office suite and facile with adapting to proprietary software systems desired.
- Strategic alignment experience strongly preferred
- LEAN or other performance improvement capabilities focused on leading customer engagement and metrics-driven improvement initiatives
- Exceptional cross-cultural leadership, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required
- The ability to work and travel nationally on weekends is required (estimate 25% effort)
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Manages and directs staff and task forces, and collaborates with leadership and volunteers to advance completion of strategic goals and objectives related to Board Certification
- Responsible for creating, defining and implementing strategies and methodology to ensure that systems for the legislative, regulatory and appellate activities are executed with accuracy and precision.
- Manages the coordination of materials associated with the certification and processes
- Serves as subject matter expert for central repository
- Organizes and manages orientation and education of members and representatives.
- Oversees assigned staff Specialists and/or Coordinators – verifying and approving projects—making necessary updates and changes as needed and evaluating performance.
- Using executive planning and communication tactics, consistently facilitates productive relationships with Certifying Board Members and Leadership, staff, potential certification candidates and diplomats pursuing continuous certification; as well as external vendor contacts.
- Develops the agenda and coordinates material preparation and distribution for board/bureau meetings in cooperation with the appropriate board/bureau officers.
- Conducts and documents thorough investigation and analyses of source materials and vets through proper leadership communications in preparation for Bureau or Committee actions. Distinguishes leadership versus workgroup requirements.
- Manages timeframes and staffing resources to ensure on-time submission and compilation of agenda books, obtaining committee reports from the officers, drafting and distributing materials.
- Tracks and reports the status of examination development and adherence to standards. Works with the Vice President, Associate Vice President and, as well as consultative psychometricians on the development and presentation of aggregate and board level exam performance data.
- Additional duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Certification Director” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.