Are you adept at managing and overseeing programs?
Do you have demonstrated experience working with USAID rules and regulations?
We are currently in search of a Chief of Party for an International Technology Organization. This assignment is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: International Technology Organization
LOCATION: Remote (Must be able to commute to DC minimum 1x/week)
POSITION TITLE: Chief of Party (USAID experience required)
The Chief of Party oversees the day-to-day work of projects and is responsible for the effective use and deployment of staff and financial resources to achieve project targets. The Chief of Party provides strategic direction, manages program activities and insures compliance with USAID regulations. This person is the primary point of contact with USAID, and reports to the Vice President of Global Programs.
- Experience working with senior management at NGOs, potential partners and donors
- Communicate virtually between colleagues, other teams, and senior leadership over multiple time zones
- Assist with budget preparation, monitoring and reporting
- Serve as primary contact for USAID
- Identify prospective business development opportunities that stimulate funding from the private sector and other donors
- Deep familiarity with USAID’s organization structures, strategic planning and program design processes, and implementing partner community
- Provide leadership and direction to Monitoring and Evaluation strategies, frameworks, plans and indicators to capture project performance and results; lead a periodic implementation review process to monitor progress and to identify specific actions that may be needed to achieve expected results
- Develop, monitor and revise budget pipeline and conduct monthly reviews to ensure accountability of all project activities as well as the accurate and timely reporting of finance deliverables
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 5 years work experience with internet connectivity related programs in the developing world
- International experience and cultural competence required
- Demonstrated capabilities in institutional capacity building, and high-level strategic visioning and leadership
- Comfortable working and communicating with various colleagues virtually (via WebEx and Skype)
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Chief of Party” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
** Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.