Do you have 1+ years of experience in communications and events?
Are you interested in working with a dynamic, mission-driven team?
We are currently in search of a Communications and Events Specialist for a Community Outreach Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Communications and Events Specialist
LOCATION: Washington, DC (SE)
POSITION TITLE: Communications and Events Specialist
SCHEDULE: 40 hours/week
TEMP HOURLY PAY: $15.00 – $16.00/hour
PERMANENT ANNUAL SALARY: $45,000
Is This Your Dream Job? The Communications and Events Specialist will work with the Development team to reach out to donors, potential donors and the general public to market upcoming events.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- BA/BS preferred
- 1+ years of experience in communications/digital marketing required
- Experience with social media management, website updates and copy-editing preferred
- Additional graphic design or multimedia experience a plus
- Some experience working with event logistics desired
- Development experience a plus
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Creating content for social media sites including Facebook and Twitter
- Create content for monthly e-newsletters
- Updating website with event information and other content
- Manage logistics for annual fundraising events
- Monitor outside media channels
- Other tasks as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Communications/Events” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.