Are you a communications professional with a passion for the sciences?
We are currently in search of a Communications and Social Media Specialist for an Educational Foundation. The position is based in Bethesda, MD. This is a part-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Educational Foundation
LOCATION: Bethesda, MD
POSITION TITLE: Communications and Social Media Specialist
DURATION: Temporary, on-going
SCHEUDLE: Part-time, (5 – 15 hours/ week)
HOURLY PAY: $18.00 – $21.00
Is This Your Dream Job? The Communications and Social Media Specialist works directly with the CEO to create and administer a communications plan using print, web, and social media in line with recent re-branding efforts in order to get the word out to local and online communities in an effort to increase program revenue.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
- 3 – 5 years of experience managing social media platforms
- 5 – 10 years of experience in the field of business communications
- Search engine optimization (SEO) tools and technique, strongly preferred
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential
- Must possess excellent organizational, project management, and time management skills
- Must be creative, while using resources judiciously
- Excellent communication skills and creative writing skills with a passion for communications, social media, and connecting people
- Strong understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of best practices of public relations
- Knowledge and/or experience in online reputation management
- Excellent attention to detail
- Work well under pressure
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Manage the design, planning, construction, and execution of communications/marketing plan in collaboration with CEO
- Execute the day-to-day social media activities
- Implement and manage rebranding strategies for Foundation
- Additional duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Communications and Social Media Specialist” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.