Are you a Communications professional looking to drive strategy and create a unified voice for an organization?
We are currently in search of a Communications Coordinator for an Association. The position is based in Alexandria, VA. This is a full-time, temp to perm assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Association
LOCATION: Alexandria, VA
POSITION TITLE: Communications Coordinator
DURATION: Temp – to – Perm
COMPENSATION: $15.00 – $19.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Communications Coordinator role requires a high degree of self-motivation, creativity, attention to detail, and the ability work effectively with others to deliver results on schedule in a fast-pace marketing and communications environment.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 1+ year experience working in digital and/or social media required
- Prior experience with website maintenance using content management software and a basic working knowledge of HTML programming
- Experience & familiarity with leading social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Pinterest
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite, especially Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Prior experience with email marketing and/or other online marketing
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop
- Prior experience with Adobe Acrobat Professional, including form creation
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills, an excellent command of grammar and an ability to proofread and edit materials for accuracy
- Strong content development skills, especially the ability to draft concise, persuasive copy and to convey intended tone and voice
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects, deadlines, and responsibilities simultaneously
- Flexibility and the capacity to implement and learn new skills and concepts quickly
- Good problem solving and deductive reasoning skills
- Ability to analyze response data and make recommendations to improve results
- Demonstrated ability to identify creative and innovative ways to perform job duties
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Work directly with the Director of Communications to assist in the planning, organization, and administration of communication campaigns
- Actively monitor and engage with social media campaigns, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, and others
- Assist in maintaining the company website, including drafting & updating content, and updating database content (text, images, video, calendar of events etc.)
- Draft and locate content for eNewsletters and other email campaigns
- Assist in the design of flyers, forms, and other communication materials
- Maintain statistics for the Communications Department, including online metrics to determine social media audience demographic trends and preferred content; identify opportunities to expand the scope of social media campaigns and engagement
- Support the communications and marketing efforts through other duties
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Communications Coordinator” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.