Are you a strong writer?
Do you have more than 5 years of experience as a communications manager?
We are currently in search of a Communications Director for a Mental Health Advocacy Organization. The position is based in Arlington, VA. This is a full-time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Mental Health Advocacy Organization
LOCATION: Arlington, VA (Ballston metro)
POSITION TITLE: Communications Director
SCHEDULE: 40 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $18.00 – $23.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The communications director will be instrumental in promoting legislation and advocacy around the treatment of mentally ill patients. Addressing national and state media outlets to spread the message and garner support for legislative changes.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- BA in communications, journalism or public policy preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in communications and media relations
- Exceptional writing and copyediting skills
- Experience writing, editing and publishing print and digital content
- Social media content creation and online advocacy experience a plus
- Congressional and/or legislative experience preferred
- High attention to detail
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Interacting with national and state media outlets, advocating for mental illness reform
- Planning long-term campaign strategies
- Posting on social media and engaging members of the community
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Communications Director” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.