Are you a communications professional with nonprofit experience?
Can you juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, as well as prioritize?
Are you a self-starter and passionate about mission driven organizations?
We are currently in search of a Communications Manager for an Advocacy Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a Permanent, full-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Advocacy
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Communications Manager
DURATION: Permanent/Direct Hire
SALARY: $55,000 – $60,000
Is This Your Dream Job? Overview: Manages communications services, including writing press releases, overseeing social media accounts, updating website, designing brochures, flyers and other materials, and compilation of text and photos, layout and editing for newsletters. Major internal outreach groups include all 3 membership classes, and external targets include national media, key stakeholders and opinion leaders.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree required, 3-5 years of experience in a communications role, preferably at a nonprofit organization
- Good time-management and attention to detail, multi-tasking essential
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team while being flexible
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Manage membership communications, including, but not limited to: production of monthly membership newsletter, including solicitation and editing of articles, graphics, staff content and data, working with Deputy Director
- Develop email and other outreach to members
- Coordinate production of annual report; track communications
- Manage external communications efforts including: social media accounts and
provide monthly reporting on usage and growth
- Draft and distribute press releases, working with Executive Director responding to media requests; oversee website updates, content and design
- Analyze existing efforts and develop plans to implement strategic plan public awareness initiatives, including national communications plan & PSA initiatives
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Communications Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.