Are you a case manager with a passion for helping women and children?
We are currently in search of a Community Case Manager for a Social Services Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a Full-time, Permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Community Case Manager
DURATION: Permanent/Direct Hire
Is This Your Dream Job? The Community Case Manager will be responsible for providing intensive case management to residents in an emergency housing program.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- B Licensed social worker: LGSW (MSW Required)
- Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred
- 3+ years of experience working with individuals who have experienced trauma
- Experience with homeless service, TANF, and mental health (DV work is a plus)
- Strong clinical skills and interest in case management
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population
- Strong ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational abilities
- Flexibility regarding day to day operations
- Reliable transportation is a must
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Provide intensive case management services to women and children affected by domestic violence and other crimes
- Identify strengths and needs of individuals and families as they relate to the overall plan of intervention
- Make appropriate referrals to address social, environmental, medical and emotional problems
- Respond to crisis situations and intervene to resolve immediate problems
- Provide assistance in seeking housing, employment, financial assistance and other needed services
- Maintain up-to-date records for documentation of case activity to include electronic case management data entry
- Maintain statistical data which reflects an account of clients served and the number and types of activities performed in order to provide services
- Prepare a variety of reports, including monthly reports to the position’s Supervisor
- Coordinate workshops on financial intelligence, housing opportunities, and other applicable topics
- Collaborate with area service providers in addressing individual client needs
- Participate in interdisciplinary team meetings
- Participate in weekly supervision, staff meetings, and other meetings/committees as assigned
- Assist with training and supervision of volunteers and interns as needed
- Staff weekly clinic at DCVLP as needed
- Assist with other Community Team projects as needed
- Coverage of emergency hotline as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Community Case Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.