Do you have at least 5 years of nonprofit fundraising?
Are you a dynamic individual with a passion for community engagement?
Do you have experience with volunteer and board development?
We are currently in search of a Community Director for a National Health Organization. The position is based in the Western Milwaukee Area. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: National Health Organization
LOCATION: Western Milwaukee, WI
POSITION TITLE: Community Director
SALARY: $50,000 – 60,000
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Community Director is responsible for the implementation of the organization’s mission through programs, special events, fundraising events and board and volunteer development. This role will report directly to the Area Executive Director.
Our client is a national health organization focused on providing research, education, and support to help cure multiple chronic diseases.
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Plan with Employer Contributions
- Paid Time Off: Vacation, Personal and Sick
- Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising required
- Experience with a health-related organization preferred
- Demonstrated track record of successful fundraising experience that includes special events, corporate/foundation giving, donor cultivation and recognition, donor records and acknowledgement
- Experience with major gifts required
- Proven and applicable skills in strategic planning and budgeting and volunteer development
- Self-motivated, results oriented leader with strong organizational skills
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- Proficiency in MS Office, Blackbaud/Raiser’s Edge, and Convio a plus
- Must possess a good credit history
- Ability to travel in the Milwaukee area as needed including night and weekends
- Comfortable working remotely and independently
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Develop, implement and monitor an annual budget and work plan, including special event fundraising, support services, leadership development and volunteer development
- Create and implement strategies to meet fundraising goals through the walk program and chapter special event
- Recruit volunteer leaders and committee members to assist in implementing the fundraising events
- Serve as a consultant and resource to Board Chair in assessing, onboarding and engaging board members to meet the Chapter’s revenue goals
- Build meaningful volunteer relationships by utilizing volunteer skills and resources and recognizing volunteers for their time and efforts
- Maintain accurate and complete records and files for fundraising events, programs and activities
- Direct the cultivation, solicitation, follow-up and recognition process for individual, corporate and foundation donors
- Coordinate all collateral materials related to fundraising events
- Promote and engage volunteers and constituents in community based public education programs
- Coordinate public relations and promotion for fundraising events, programs and activities
- Perform all other duties and tasks required to support all new and/or proposed fundraising events, programs and activities
- Actively seek opportunities to address community needs and positively impact local regions while advancing the Foundation’s mission, goals and values
- Assure the proper use, management, security and upkeep of the Foundation’s facilities, equipment and documents
- Other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Community Director” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.