Are you a dynamic individual with a passion for community engagement?
Do you have at least 3 years of volunteer recruitment experience?
Are you a self-driven individual who can take on responsibility and complete tasks independently?
We are currently in search of a Community Outreach & Volunteer Coordinator for a social service organization. The position is based in Atlanta, GA. This is a full-time, temporary to permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Service Organization
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
POSITION TITLE: Community Outreach & Volunteer Coordinator
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Community Outreach & Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for leading and coordinating volunteer recruitment efforts.
Key components include arranging outreach activities and presentations about the association, responding to inquiries from prospective volunteers, managing the application process, interviewing prospective volunteers, and maintaining accurate information regarding volunteer inquiries and follow-up. Evening and weekend hours will be required. Coordinator is responsible for clerical and logistical support for volunteer recruitment.
Our client is a community organization that partners with the juvenile court system to appoint volunteer advocates. Benefits include health benefits, long- and short-term disability, and paid time off.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Professional appearance and manner
- Minimum three years of volunteer recruitment and community outreach
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Proficiency with PCs, Google, and Microsoft software products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and have the ability to manage numerous projects at once
- Aptitude for public speaking and for successfully engaging the interest of audiences
- Must complete a 30-hour volunteer pre-service training program within six months of employment
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Assists with development of volunteer recruitment plan.
- Emphasizes at all times a culturally competent and inclusive approach to recruitment and communication, focusing on opportunities to recruit and respect a diverse pool of volunteer applicants.
- Prepares and distributes schedule of recruitment information sessions.
- Responds to phone calls, email and other inquiries from prospective volunteers, providing prompt and accurate information about the volunteer role and the application process.
- Responsible for community outreach
- Responsible for communications to public
- Coordinates the mail-out of the volunteer information packet and other departmental correspondence.
- Assists with analytics and reporting
- Maintains RSVP and attendance rosters for recruitment information sessions and notifies/reminds participants of dates and location as well as application and other deadlines.
- Manages room reservations, purchases, prepares and transports refreshments for information sessions, sets up on-site and off-site locations, both daytime and evening hours. Advance notice is given for evening obligations.
- Registers attendees and conducts follow up with absentees.
- Follows up with prospective volunteers regarding the application process and enrolling in training classes.
- Interviews prospective volunteers and makes recommendations regarding their application status.
- Maintains and reports accurate information regarding volunteer inquiries, recruitment sources, applications and follow-up communication. Methods will include Optima, Google and printed forms.
- Monitors and reports agency progress regarding the objectives of the Volunteer Recruitment Plan.
- Participates in volunteer fairs and other outreach events.
- Serves as guest speaker for groups and organizations.
- Engages and supports current volunteers to leverage outreach and recruitment efforts.
- Conducts information sessions for prospective volunteers.
- Contacts former volunteer advocates regarding possible return to volunteer duties.
- Supports Director of Operations by preparing general and follow-up correspondence.
- Participates as needed in special projects.
- Maintains confidentiality of agency, staff and client information.
- Other duties as assigned.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Community Outreach & Volunteer Coordinator” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.