Do you have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience of excellent writing, rewriting, editing and proofreading skills (AP style)?
Do you possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive, and comfort learning and using new technology?
Do you have previous experience working with vendors and managing those relationships?
We are currently in search of a Content Specialist for an Association. The position is based in Northern Chicagoland. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Association
LOCATION: Northern Chicagoland
POSITION TITLE: Content Specialist
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
SALARY: $52,000 – $62,000
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Content Specialist will manage the association’s academy content and manage content created and distributed to company audiences. This position reports to the Content Development Director.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Vacation, PTO and Sick time
- Several other additional benefits included
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of related experience and excellent writing, rewriting, editing and proofreading skills (AP style)
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or equivalent business experience with progressive advancement required
- Must possess solid grounding in journalism ethics and values
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to handle a number of projects simultaneously
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive, and comfort learning and using new technology are required
- The successful candidate will possess previous experience working with vendors and managing those relationships
- International exposure would be a plus
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Establish and maintain the editorial and production schedule for the academy and work with in-house content specialists, content editors and outside contributors to gather, write and edit content.
- Will work with the app and website development vendor to post and display content, and manage the educational content vendor, identifying and providing subject-matter experts as needed to develop educational content.
- This position will manage content fulfillment for company audiences, identifying existing academy content to repurpose for the intended audience and work with in-house content specialists and outside vendors to produce content in English and other languages.
- The Content Specialist will work with other Departments to promote content through appropriate channels.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Content Specialist” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.