Do you have 5+ years of experience with federal contracts?
Are you a dedicated and hardworking professional with a passion for environmental sustainability?
We are currently in search of a Contracts Officer for an International Foundation. The position is based in Arlington, VA. This is a full-time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: International Foundation
LOCATION: Arlington, VA
POSITION TITLE: Contracts Officer
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent
HOURLY PAY: $20.00-24.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Contracts Officer will assist the contracts department in creating, revising and reviewing new and old contracts with vendors and consultants.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years of experience in contracts; experience working in the federal government strongly preferred
- Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) process required
- Well-versed in contracting principles, laws, regulations and procedures
- Resourceful and able to solve complex problems
- Able to develop concrete action plans to solve problems
- Familiarity with cost and price analysis principles
- Collaborative and open minded
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Managing all contractual and financial reporting elements of projects throughout their lifecycle
- Reviewing operational contracts, offering guidance and feedback on agreements
- Preparing, issuing and administering consulting agreements and directly communicating with the consultants
- Providing administrative review and approval of travel expense reports for employees and consultants, including serving as the point of contact regarding questions pertaining to per diem and other expenses
- Providing technical guidance on language and legal requirements to negotiate fees, bids, and fixed rate contracts
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Contracts Officer” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
**Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.