Do you enjoy providing outstanding customer service and managing donor relations?
Do you have 1-2 years development experience in a philanthropic environment?
Are you an energetic, team-player with an interest in development?
We are currently in search of a Coordinator of Outreach and Volunteer Engagement for a Higher Education Institution. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a permanent, full-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Higher Education Institution
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Coordinator of Outreach and Volunteer Engagement
SALARY: $50,000 – 51,000
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Coordinator of Outreach and Volunteer Engagement serves as the front line of customer service and donor relations for the team. He or she will assist in planning and implementing alumni programs and volunteer activities while also helping execute events. The Coordinator of Outreach and Volunteer Engagement identifies and trains leaders while serving as the liaison for alumni events. He or she will track participation and progress, manage phone lines and prepare reports for various events. This role reports to Senior Director of Outreach & Volunteer Engagement. Our client is a well–organized, prestigious university in the Chicagoland area. It is heavily metrics driven with a wide range of groundbreaking research and academic programs.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years experience in development, experience with donor relations and customer service strongly preferred
- Interest in development reporting and tracking
- BA/BS degree
- Go-getter, driven and strategic, forward thinker
- Strong ability to learn development databases, detail oriented
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, pragmatic
- Strong work ethic and professionalism, ability to work as part of a team
- Familiarity working with high-level staff members and donors
- Must be able to travel and attend evening and weekends events as necessary
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Recruiting volunteers for various programs and events
- Maintaining program data, tracking and reporting on progress
- Assisting with planning and executing of events related to alumni and outgoing students
- Managing the registration process for major events, collecting payments, answering inquiries, etc.
- Assisting with managing 6+ committees, some at the Executive and Regional level
- Managing logistics, minutes, travel planning and material distribution for all committee meetings
- Problem solving and providing excellent customer service to all donors
- Answering phone lines and emails; serving as the front line of communication for all RSVPs, volunteer opportunities, etc., forward inquiries to the best person
- Preparing communications and mailing lists, registration reports
- Assisting with budget preparation, preparing expenses, etc.
- Attending staff meetings, etc.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Coordinator, Outreach and Volunteer Engagement” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.