Do you have more than 3 years of Database Management experience at a nonprofit organization?
Are you a creative problem solver?
We are currently in search of a Database Manager for an Advocacy Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Advocacy Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Database Manager
SCHEDULE: 37 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $19.12 – $24.47/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Database Manager will be a part of the Development team and interact regularly with the Finance Department and Campaigns Team in a seamless manner that supports the growth and development of fundraising efforts and specific stakeholder engagement. The candidate will work within multiple donor databases to consolidate information and make the current systems run more efficiently.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- At least 4 years of database experience to include:
- Database Performance Tuning, Database Security and Management, Promoting Process Improvement, Problem Solving, Presenting Technical Information, Quality Focus, Data Maintenance, Operating Systems, and Information Security Policies.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Enjoys resolving messy or unorganized data.
- Able to communicate with other team members about data is a succinct, clear way.
- Has worked with a wide variety of donor databases.
- Attention to detail and a solid understanding of the symbiotic relationship between Development and Finance.
- Experience with basic Microsoft Office software.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state of the art practices; participating in professional organizations.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Provide key analytic support and input for all fund-raising relationship managers.
- Ensure the timely and consistent importing of key constituent information into database from external spreadsheets and other lists.
- Process all contributions with a high level of accuracy using the daily log sheet as a guide. Review back up information to ensure accuracy of donations.
- Facilitate staff understanding of procedures and protocols for managing data and prospecting portfolios; to include setting up CRM and income forecasting tools; i.e. dashboards, standard and custom reports.
- Interact closely with the Finance team and other Development team members to accurately close the monthly book; with accurate coding of gifts.
- Interact with the Campaigns Director for exchanges of information between local advocacy constituent groups and donors.
- Process acknowledgements on a timely basis which fits with the Development stewardship plan.
- Act as primary liaison with database vendor. This includes:
- Creating project-specific data requests for direct mail and phone programs to be uploaded into the system.
- Downloading any requested data and performing final data QC.
- Upload csv files containing final count and cost information into database
- Upload csv files containing final counts and description information.
- Downloading and compiling project results for further review.
- Act as staff liaison with Mailing Services provider to ensure timely general gift processing and acknowledgment and general quality control.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Database Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.