Do you have grant writing and development experience, with a passion for history and the arts?
We are currently in search of a Development Assistant for a Museum. The position is based in Alexandria, VA. This is a part-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Museum
LOCATION: Alexandria, VA
POSITION TITLE: Development Assistant
SCHEDULE: Part-time (20 hours/week)
HOURLY PAY: $16.97-$18.72/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Development Assistant is responsible for supporting the Development Department with integrated fundraising efforts including drafting grant proposals and correspondence, providing research and developing donor reports using a database system. This role requires regular analytical reports for leadership, board members, and other key stakeholders.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor Degree required
- Two years of fundraising/marketing experience in a nonprofit environment
- Strong verbal and written skills, including strong business writing
- Strong Analytical Skills, ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and work independently with little supervision
- Organized, detailed, resourceful and demonstrate strong interest in fundraising with excellent interpersonal skills required
- Experience with grant writing
- Familiarity with database systems, such as DonorQuest, Donor Perfect or Raiser’s Edge
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed while also able to work collaboratively within a team environment
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Compose written materials for prospects and donors to include grant letters, acknowledgement letters, reports, proposals, and cultivation pieces
- Research and draft grant proposals aligned with development strategy
- Maintain calendars of grant progress, due dates and reports
- Undertake prospect research, data collection and analysis of individual major donors, corporations, foundations and other prospects
- Conduct ongoing research in business, philanthropy and related fields to identify potential donors and sources of donor information
- Assist in management of organization-wide donor reporting system
- Write and upload development related website content
- Provide and develop donor gift reports
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Development Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.