Do you have more than 3 years of experience fundraising for a voluntary health organization?
Are you interested in working with a dynamic, mission-driven team?
We are currently in search of a Development Assistant for a Voluntary Health Association. The position is based in McLean, VA. This is a full-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Voluntary Health Association
LOCATION: McLean, VA (Tyson’s Corner Metro)
POSITION TITLE: Development Assistant
DURATION: Temporary (~5 months)
SCHEDULE: 35 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $15.00 – $18.05/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? This is an important front-line fundraising position that supports operational and stewardship activities for association events. This individual should have a strong background in peer to peer fundraising and experience working in a fast-paced nonprofit. The Development Assistant reports to the Senior Director of Constituent Events and works closely with other staff members.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Fundraising, Hospitality, Sales, Communications or related field.
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Strong analytical, project management and presentation skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple, evolving priorities and initiatives
- Professional customer service skills with visitors, callers, donors and volunteers
- Understanding of the mechanics related to fundraising events
- Exceptional interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to recruit, motivate and coach volunteers in a fundraising environment
- Strong business acumen with a high level of integrity, confidentiality, diplomacy and initiative
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the Google Apps suite
- Proficiency in fundraising database software and knowledge of digital and social media channels.
- Self-starter with ability to function autonomously and as a member of a team, with a high regard for accountability and outcomes
- Ability to represent the Association at public events, fundraisers and media events, including public speaking and media presentations as assigned.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of digital, social media & emerging online channels.
- Successful fundraiser with demonstrated peer to peer fundraising experience as well as ability to develop donor relationships and secure sponsorships
- Outgoing, positive, engaging and enthusiastic
- Self-starter, able to work independently and problem-solve
- Strong ability to self-manage with significant strength in time management
- Ability to work on a team and develop relationships in the community
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, efficient, and able to multi-task
- Strong listening skills; friendly, helpful manner with clients
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Provide high touch customer service and support by responding to inquiries, engaging participants and sponsors via phone, email or in person. Clarify registration procedures and assist participants with registration and fundraising.
- Reaching out to donors via phone/email and researching ways to find new donors and participants for event
- Manage the event websites and ensure timely and efficient data entry and donation processing.
- Recruitment, training and development of event volunteer committee members and achieving income and team goals by implementing best practices, organizing wrap around events, recruiting and coaching team captains and executing community outreach activities.
- Support operational and stewardship activities for constituent events in partnership with the Special Events Manager.
- Ensure smooth integration of the Association’s best practices, standards and guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Fundraising Master” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.