Are you a mission-driven professional, seeking an exciting opportunity on a nonprofit fundraising team? Do you enjoy engaging with your community and donors? Are you empowered by achieving goals with your team and growing professionally?
We are currently in search of a Development Associate for a Cultural Institution. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Cultural Institution
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Development Associate
SALARY: $20-25/hour, non-exempt
Is This Your Dream Job? As a Development Associate, you will contribute to the organization by helping the Development Department meet fundraising goals and carry out initiatives. Reporting directly to the Director of Development, your main responsibilities will include participating in all fundraising and donor cultivation activities, by providing administrative support to the department. You will perform gift entry and processing in the database, manage calendars and schedule meetings, act as point of contact for donors and volunteers, and assist with event planning and logistics. You will be seeking an opportunity to grow professionally and serve in a key role for the organization. If you are a highly organized, self-motivated, donor-oriented, friendly, and creative team player, you are encouraged to apply.
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 403(b) retirement savings plan
- Commuter benefits
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3-5 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in a nonprofit setting on a fundraising, marketing, or communications team preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge and Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Enjoys engaging with donors, team members, and community
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Problem solver with the ability to organize a dynamic workload, prioritize multiple projects, and remain productive and accurate under pressure
- Has a friendly, approachable, and can-do attitude
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Participate in all areas of fundraising by providing administrative support to a five (5) person Development Department
- Perform Raiser’s Edge gift entry, receipting, and donor acknowledgment
- Ensure that constituent records are accurate and complete; assist with database cleanup, reporting, and event tracking, as needed
- Perform prospect research
- Schedule meetings, reserve rooms, prepare agendas and materials, and take meeting minutes
- Contribute to and produce print and electronic donor correspondence
- Prepare and assemble donor mailings
- Assist with event planning, logistics, and reporting, as needed
- Support donor cultivation and stewardship efforts with Development team
- Recommend and implement systems and process improvements to create more efficiency in department
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Associate” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.