Are you an experienced Development Professional looking to work with a science-based nonprofit?
Are you interested in working with a dynamic, mission-driven team?
We are currently in search of a Development Coordinator for a Scientific Membership Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Scientific Membership Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Development Coordinator
DURATION: Temporary (~5 months)
SCHEDULE: 37.5 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $16.00 – $21.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? Highly collaborative office environment where donor engagement is essential. This candidate will work closely with both the Manager and Directors of Development. As a larger organization, communication and the sharing of information across departments is essential. This is a great opportunity for a mid-level development professional who has a passion and interest in scientific advancement.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of development experience required
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree also required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Friendly, sociable, and optimistic candidates preferred
- Comfortable adapting the changing needs of the development department and a willingness to help others
- Experience reaching out to donors via phone and email and engaging them appropriately
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Maintain Annual Giving Program by ensuring that renewals and acknowledgements are sent on a timely basis
- Work in partnership with the Development Stewardship and Donor Relations Coordinator to support the engagement of donors as well as any recognition efforts
- Partner with Membership to provide reports on the financial progress of Development efforts
- Help to develop a “visit” reporting process for Development and/or Senior staff visits with donors, etc
- Assist the Manager and Director as needed
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Coordinator” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.