We are currently in search of a Development Coordinator for an Environmental Nonprofit. The position is based in Palo Alto, CA. This is a temp-to-hire/permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Environmental Nonprofit
LOCATION: Palo Alto, CA
POSITION TITLE: Development Coordinator
DURATION: Temp to Hire
HOURLY PAY: $21.00-$24.00
SALARY: $45-50K + benefits
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Coordinator will support all fundraising and administrative activity for the Development department. You will have an opportunity to create donor correspondence, help cultivate donor relations, and provide events support. The Development Coordinator will also provide administrative support to the Executive Director and Board of Directors, as needed.
- Medical insurance
- Vacation and personal leave
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2-3 years of administrative and/or development experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Adept in MS Office Suite
- Familiar with Salesforce and eTapestry
- Ability to work after hours or on weekends, as needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic self-starter
- Well-organized and strong ability to prioritize
- Strong interpersonal skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Entry donations into Salesforce database; run queries and pull reports as needed
- Produce, edit, and mail acknowledgement letters to donors
- Prepare appeal letters and donor packets for mass mailings
- Create and send marketing emails
- Manage financial reconciliation between the development office and the administrative team
- Provide support to Board by planning and setting up for meetings, preparing meeting agendas and packets, welcoming new Board Members
- Greet visitors and donors at in-office meetings or events, providing any assistance as needed
- Provide support for administrative tasks related to the organization’s finance needs
- Support Executive Director with tasks such as creating and formatting presentations, collecting information for reports, and other related tasks
- Assist with meeting and event planning and execution
- Manage phone line/voicemail and organization’s email
- Other administrative tasks, such as place office supply orders for organization, reserve rooms for meetings
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Coordinator” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.