Do you have at least 3 years of nonprofit fundraising experience?
Are you a passionate and results driven manager?
Do you have a track record of exceeding fundraising goals?
We are currently in search of a Development Director for a national health organization. This is a full-time, permanent assignment based in Los Angeles, CA.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: National Health Organization
LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA
POSITION TITLE: Development Director
SALARY: $60,000 – $70,000
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Development Director is responsible for assisting the Executive Director in the preparation and management of an overall comprehensive fundraising plan that includes an array of fundraising strategies that generate revenue in support of the mission including special events, major gifts and corporate/foundation giving.
Our client is a national health organization focused on providing research, education, and support to help cure multiple chronic diseases.
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Plan with Employer Contributions
- Paid Time Off: Vacation, Personal and Sick
- Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 5 years in nonprofit fundraising required
- Experience within a health-related organization preferred
- Demonstrated track record of successful fundraising experience that includes special events, corporate/foundation giving, donor cultivation and recognition, donor records and acknowledgement
- Familiarity with major gift and annual giving campaigns
- Applicable skills in strategic planning and budgeting, and volunteer development
- Self-motivated, results oriented manager with strong organizational skills
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- Marketing and public relations experience preferred
- Proficient in MS Office
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekends
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Manage a plan of work, based on specific income goals and timelines, for the successful completion of assigned special events, programs and activities
- Take a lead role in planning and implementing special events and individual/ foundation/corporate giving initiatives that reflect the interests of Foundation constituencies in the local community
- Recruit and manage volunteer leaders and committee members for each fundraising event, program or activity
- Serve as a consultant and resource to volunteers in planning and implementing their tasks and/or responsibilities
- Prepare and manage budget and work plan for the successful completion of assigned fundraising events, programs and activities
- Maintain accurate and complete records and files for assigned fundraising events, programs and activities and routinely review the status of each with the Executive Director
- Research and identify individuals, foundations and corporations that have potential to become donors and supporters of the mission
- Prepare letters of inquiry, funding requests and other materials to solicit funds, schedule presentations and follow-up as appropriate
- Coordinate the development and production of collateral materials related fundraising events, programs and activities
- Manage public relations and promotion for fundraising events, programs and activities
- Participate in ongoing discussions with the Executive Director with regard to current fundraising events and developing and implementing new initiatives
- Actively seek opportunities to address community needs and positively impact local region while advancing the mission, goals and values
- Keep up to date on national activities and properly utilize the resources available
- Assure the proper use, management, security and upkeep of facilities, equipment and documents
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Director LA” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.