Do you have at least 5 years of successful nonprofit development experience?
Are you excited about an opportunity to work for a nonprofit serving the youth of America?
Is professional growth something that you’re looking for in a new opportunity?
We are currently in search of a Development Manager for a National Social Services Organization. The position is based in Downtown Chicago. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: National Social Service Organization
LOCATION: Downtown Chicago
POSITION TITLE: Development Manager
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
SALARY: $65,000 – $80,000
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Development Manager is responsible for a variety of tasks and responsibilities related to fundraising and special events management in an effort to advance the organization’s mission and vision.
Our client is a national, social services organization with a presence in all 50 states in America.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Vacation, PTO and Sick time
- Several other additional benefits included
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum 5 years of nonprofit development/fundraising experience required
- Superior communication and writing skills required.
- Must be highly organized, pays attention to details, and provides good follow-up.
- Some Salesforce experience preferred
- Must possess the proven ability to simultaneously manage several complex projects
- Ability to respond positively and creatively to new challenges and responsibilities as they arise
- Is computer savvy and/or is willing to embrace, learn and use technology
- Must be proficient with basic computer programming, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must have the ability to travel nationally required.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive development fundraising plan and strategy to include major gifts, special campaigns, special events, individual giving, sponsorship opportunities, corporate, foundation, and grants. Track progress towards goals and make mid-course adjustments as necessary.
- Follow major trends or changes in philanthropy, and position the organization to follows said trends.
- Establish and oversee the department expense budget and income goals. Prepare financial documents needed for fundraising and evaluation. Communicate regularly the status of fundraising projects; track results against goals.
- Collect, maintain, and analyze data from contacts, donor prospects, corporations, and events in the database to track and monitor progress.
- Monitor State Registration Applications and update database with status of each registration. As well as keep up-to-date with latest trends in State Registrations and filing deadlines.
- Research current corporate donors and develop plans for strengthening relationships/increasing their support.
- Plan, coordinate, and manage fundraisers, and monthly email/social media campaigns.
- Produce monthly progress reports for fundraising events and email campaigns.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.