Do you have experience working with youth in an urban setting?
Do you have at least 3 years of experience writing grant proposals and reports?
Do you have experience managing multiple projects at once and meeting deadlines?
We are currently in search of a Grant Writer for a Social Services Organization. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a full-time, permanent position
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Development Manager
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Grant Writer will work closely with and report to the Chief Operating Officer. The position requires strong administrative, writing, coordination, and interpersonal skills to complete the following responsibilities
Our client is a social services organization with a unique model of community-based holistic legal services that serves youth and emerging adults, ages 24 and younger, in the Lawndale neighborhood of Chicago.
They are the only community-based legal defense organization that serves youth holistically through the termination of their sentence and after their case is over.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Vacation, PTO and Sick time
- Several other additional benefits included
Our Ideal Candidate:
- B.A/B.S. degree, required
- 3+ years demonstrated ability to write quality grant proposals/reports and a track record of securing grants
- Clear and concise writer who varies writing style to meet the needs of the audience
- Skilled at synthesizing complex information and incorporating qualitative and quantitative data in written communications
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to produce high quality work in an open office environment
- Highly organized; ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse staff, clients, and community partners
- Familiarity with urban settings and youth
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Conduct research to evaluate prospects for new sources of funding
- Develop and submit grant applications, letters of inquiry (LOIs), emails, and supporting documents ahead of deadlines and in accordance with guidelines for submission
- Prepare progress reports and updates for foundation, government, corporate, and individual funders
- Maintain an up-to-date grants calendar and track deadlines letters of intent, proposals, and reports
- Work closely with the organization’s program and fiscal staff to collect data for required reports
- Represent the organization at presentations and networking opportunities to cultivate relationships with individual donors and supporters
- Assist with planning and execution for their annual fundraising events
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Grant Writer – Lawndale” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.