Do you have at least 3 years of fundraising and development experience?
Are you a self-motivated, results oriented manager?
Do you enjoy working collaboratively to create new strategies?
We are currently in search of a Development Manager for a National Health Organization. The position is based in Northern Chicagoland. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: National Health Organization
LOCATION: Northern Chicagoland
POSITION TITLE: Development Manager
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Development Manager is responsible for assisting the Executive Director and board committees in the preparation and management of an overall comprehensive fundraising plan that includes an array of fundraising strategies that generate revenue in support of the organization’s mission including: special events, major gifts and corporate/foundation giving.
Our client is a national health organization focused on providing research, education, and support to help cure multiple chronic diseases.
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Plan with Employer Contributions
- Paid Time Off: Vacation, Personal and Sick
- Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum three to five years in not-for-profit fundraising required
- Experience within a health-related organization preferred
- Demonstrated track record of successful fundraising experience that includes special events, corporate/foundation giving, donor cultivation and recognition, donor records and acknowledgement required
- Familiarity with major gift and annual giving campaigns
- Applicable skills in strategic planning and budgeting, volunteer development and supervision
- Self-motivated, results oriented manager with strong organizational skills
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- Marketing and public relations preferred
- Proficient in MS Office, Raiser’s Edge a plus
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekends
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Manage a plan of work, based on specific income goals and timelines, for the successful completion of assigned special events, programs and activities
- Take a lead role in planning and implementing special events and individual/ foundation/corporate giving initiatives
- Support the Development Director in all special events planning, implementation and follow up
- Recruit and manage volunteer leaders and committee members for each fundraising event, program or activity and all development efforts
- Prepare and manage budget (income and expenses) and work plan (with timelines and deliverables) for the successful completion of assigned fundraising events, programs and activities
- Maintain accurate and complete records and files for assigned fundraising events, programs and activities and routinely review the status of each with the Executive Director
- Research and identify individuals, foundations and corporations that have potential to support the foundation
- Coordinate the development and production of collateral materials related fundraising events, programs and activities
- Manage public relations and promotion for fundraising events, programs and activities
- Participate in ongoing discussions with the Executive Director with regard to current fundraising events and developing and implementing new initiatives
- Perform all other duties and tasks required to support new and/or proposed fundraising events, programs and activities
- Actively seek opportunities to address community needs and positively impact local region while advancing the foundation’s mission, goals and values
- Keep abreast of national headquarters activities and properly utilize the resources available
- Assure the proper use, management, security and upkeep of the foundation’s facilities, equipment and documents
- Coordinate and manage the daily operations of the office
- Perform general clerical functions including filing, copying, faxing, non-profit bulk mail procedures
- Answer the telephone and greet visitors
- Maintain office supplies and office equipment
- Preparation of tributes, memorials, newsletter and other publications
- Manage database including routine acknowledgement letters and receipts, monthly additions, changes, and update reports
- Support board and committee activities by coordinating meetings, meal and location logistics, meeting packets/materials as needed
- Assure the proper use, management, security and upkeep of the foundation facilities, equipment and documents
- Other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.