Do you have 7+ years of experience in communications?
Do you have a background in performing arts?
Are you conscientious, able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment?
We are currently in search of a Director of Communications for an Arts Foundation. The position is based in Vienna, VA. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Arts Foundation
LOCATION: Vienna, VA
POSITION TITLE: Director of Communications
Potential Salary: $88,000-$92,000/annual
Is This Your Dream Job? The Director of Communications will develop strategic messaging campaigns across various platforms, interface with executives on communication matters, and lead communication team on internal and external media content. This position requires an understanding of best practices in content development, IT and architecture, as well as web analytics. This position reports to the Vice President of Communications and Marketing, and works closely with the leadership team.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 7-10 years of experience leading communications teams
- A. in communications, public relations, marketing or related field
- Professional experience and sensitivity in performing arts
- Knowledge of content development, IT and architecture, site design, web analytics
- Knowledge of digital and social media strategy
- Adapts quickly to new environments, open, ability to think strategically about communications goals
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends
- Excellent organizational, partnership, and relationship management skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Develop strategic messaging with traditional and digital media
- Develop and sustain vibrant, interactive, and branded messaging and content across multiple platforms
- Liaison with other departments within organization
- Develop public relations efforts to promote foundation on both a local and national scale
- Oversee public relations campaign and day-to-day media relations
- Produce annual report and special publications
- Primary advisor for C-level staff members on communication matters
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Director of Communications” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.