Are you a self-driven Communications professional with experience working in a nonprofit organization?
Do you have International Education experience?
Do you have leadership experience?
We are currently in search of a Director of Communications for an International Education Organization. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a permanent, full-time position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: International Education Organization
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Director of Communications
SALARY: Commensurate with Experience
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Director of Communications will be a strategic and tactical self-starter who is able execute a communications strategy through various channels including, but not limited to, website, social media, public relations, and newsletter. The ability to use initiative to quickly solve problems as they arise and remain flexible on a day-to-day basis is crucial. The ability to frequently travel both domestically and internationally is required. The successful applicant will be a relationship builder and possess an upbeat, positive attitude with a propensity for team work in a small group setting.
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Plan with Employer Contributions
- Paid Time Off: Vacation, Personal and Sick
- Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3-5 years of Communications and Leadership experience
- Nonprofit experience required
- International Education experience required
- Social media marketing experience required
- Self-motivated, results oriented leader with strong organizational skills
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally; 15-25% required
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Advance the organization’s brand identity, raise awareness of its programs and priorities, and increase the visibility of its programs across key stakeholder audiences
- Drive advocacy for the low-fee private school sector/education in national and global education for all goals
- Implement an integrated strategic communications plan that utilizes varying communications channels (website, social media, public relations, newsletter, etc.) that supports achievement of the organization’s strategic objectives; increases visibility of its programs across key stakeholder audiences; and advances brand identity
- Work diligently to raise the profile of the organization and advance its advocacy efforts
- Stay informed on the organization’s priority issues including, but not limited to, international education, low-fee private education, impact investing, and social enterprises development
- Think of the job as a White House speech writer – become completely familiar with all aspects and integration of the organization’s programs
- Generate comprehensive and insightful written works that get placed in prestigious and reputable media outlets including television interviews
- Cultivate and utilize existing relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences, and key influencers in order to secure speaking opportunities, media attention, and guest blogging spots
- Serve as communications expert and coach to the team and ensure consistent and accurate messaging
- Update and create new marketing collateral as needed
- Travel domestically and internationally as needed to attend conferences and coordinate speaking engagements
- Manage/oversee Administrative & Communications Associate to ensure communications activities (social media, content development, writing, etc.) are carried out on brand and in a timely manner; set performance targets for Associate and co-conduct annual performance review with Leadership
- Serve as main point of contact with website developer to maintain, develop, and/or update website content/design over time
- Develop communications budget proposals
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Director of Communications” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.