Are you passionate about advancing women’s equality and empowering women in STEM? Are you a people person who thrives on building collaborative relationships with key decision-makers? Do you have experience developing strategies for identifying and soliciting prospective targets? Are you an excellent public speaker?
We are currently in search of a Director of Corporate Development for a Membership Association. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a permanent full-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Membership Association
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Director of Corporate Development
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Director of Corporate Development reporting to the Executive Director and COO, you will be responsible for developing and implementing corporate relations strategies that successfully identify and solicit from prospective corporate entities for cause marketing, partnerships, and sponsorship. By combining your expertise in development and STEM industries with a passion for advancing gender equality, you will build collaborative relationships with external partners by conducting face-to-face meetings and leveraging resources to best meet their business needs.
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Retirement benefits
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Vacation and paid sick leave
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 10+ years professional experience, with ideally 5+ years focused on corporate business development experience
- Energetic and outgoing personality
- Comfortable in front of a crowd with excellent public speaking skills
- Exemplary writing skills
- Flexible team-player who thrives in a small staff environment
- Knowledge of STEM industries
- Passion about being an advocate for gender equity within STEM
- Familiar with culture of scientific professionals
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Build effective and collaborative relationships with the key decision-makers within the prospective organizations.
- Proactively seek out and develop new platforms for revenue generation from corporate entities.
- Set appointments and conduct in-person meetings with prospective clients to understand their needs.
- Provide direction on which of the organization’s resources will best meet and address the client’s business needs and issues.
- Create and provide strategic direction in corporate partner program and service development.
- Attend various conferences and symposia to keep up with changes in the market place to determine new industries for solicitation.
- Attend professional trade shows.
- Prepare proposals and conduct face-to-face meetings with prospects and partners.
- Develop budgets and ensure adherence to them, both revenue and expenses.
- Ensures that team initiatives and activities comply with approved budget.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Corporate Development” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.