Are you a dedicated and energetic development professional?
Do you have at least 5 years of experience in fundraising and grant management?
Are you a creative and collaborative leader ready for a new challenge?
We are currently in search of a Director of Development for a Charter School. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Charter School
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Director of Development
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Director of Development will report directly to the Founder and President and will be responsible for sustaining, expanding, and stewarding the charter school’s corporate, foundation, individual and government fundraising program.
Our client is a charter school dedicated to bringing quality education to the children of Chicago.
- Health insurance, dental and vision
- Paid time off including holidays
- Short and long-term disability
- Paid life insurance
- Chicago Teachers’ Pension Fund
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in researching, writing and managing grants from foundation, corporate and public funders required
- Proven track record of securing major gifts from both individuals and foundations required
- Experience with annual funds and capital campaigns required
- Excellent interpersonal skills – able to connect quickly and genuinely with diverse groups of people
- Outstanding communication, presentation and writing skills – able to understand the needs of funders and find new and expanded opportunities
- Project management experience and ability to be flexible and responsive in a high pressure, deadline-driven department
- Ability to think analytically and strategically
- Organized and detail-orientated, with superior follow-through
- Experience with Salesforce or similar database preferred
- Commitment to providing quality education and opportunities to all children
- Experience in education sector preferred
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Creating long-range fundraising and annual revenue plans to ensure that the charter school maximizes funding opportunities, meets revenue goals, and significantly grows revenue, while building long-term sustainability
- Leading the development and implementation of high quality fundraising practices and processes
- Cultivating and directly soliciting portfolio of donors, generating at least $2 million annually, with the support of the Founder and President
- Maintaining ongoing relationships with foundations, corporations and individuals
- Managing and participating in solicitations related to annual benefit
- Developing meaningful and compelling engagement opportunities for our donors and prospects
- Building relationships with board members to facilitate their fundraising engagement
- Having direct responsibility for writing grant proposals, reports and conducting prospect research
- Managing annual grants cycle and process
- Participating in content development for collateral materials
- Participating in creation of donor meeting and board meeting materials
- Supporting the charter school’s public relations strategy to strengthen brand
- Providing quality control oversight for gift acknowledgement
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Development” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.