Are you an outgoing, results-driven professional who is passionate about environmental conservation? Do you enjoy creating innovative community engagement and philanthropic fundraising opportunities?
We are currently in search of a Director of Development – West Coast for an environmental conservation organization. The position is based in San Francisco – Bay Area. This is a permanent, full-time position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Environmental Conservation
LOCATION: San Francisco – Bay Area
POSITION TITLE: Director of Development – West Coast
SALARY: $140K – $150K
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Director of Development, you will be on the ground floor of a growing conservation organization. In collaboration with the leadership team, you will be actively developing relationships with generous donors in the Bay Area and western states in order to facilitate donations to fund the organization’s crucial global educational programs. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced development professional who has worked independently in soliciting major donations and has a passion for environmental causes.
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Vacation and PTO
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience in fundraising and/or soliciting major gifts
- Experience working with databases, such as Salesforce and Raiser’s Edge
- Passion for international environmental conservation efforts
- Preferred knowledge of the Bay Area of the philanthropic landscape
- Comfortable relating to donors, volunteers, and high-level external contacts
- Must be able to travel frequently; international travel may be required
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Strategizing solicitations and securing major gifts from high-level individual donors in order to implement and grow the organization’s environmental programs
- Create a portfolio of philanthropic connections by building a network of strong relationships with prospective and current donors in the Bay Area
- Interact with external contacts to make personalized recommendations on the best giving vehicles for their specific donations
- Work closely with Executive team, Board of Directors, and key supports in raising funds and developing written communications and marketing materials
- Collaborate with internal staff in identifying how to best engage and educate prospects with the organization’s mission and future
- Serve as the “face” of the development team for the organization serve as an open and direct line of communication for all donors
- Administer travel arrangements and schedule/ coordinate meetings for leadership team
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Development – West Coast” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.