Do you have 5+ years experience securing high-level foundation and corporate gifts?
Have you managed your own team and enjoy working across departments?
Do you thrive in a fast-paced, complex work environment?
We are currently in search of a Director of Foundation & Corporate Relations for a Higher Education Institution. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a permanent, full-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Higher Education Institution
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Director of Foundation & Corporate Relations
SALARY: $90,000 – 110,000
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Director of Foundation and Corporate Relations will lead a team of 3 individuals to raise $10 – $20M annually to advance the fundraising priorities of the organization. S/He will design and implement foundation and corporate fundraising initiatives including identification, qualification, cultivation, and solicitation strategies for foundations with the capacity to make grants in the $100K to $1M+ range. S/He will oversee and guide the growth of corporate fundraising initiatives including cause marketing partnerships, corporate sponsorships and giving, and general strategic corporate engagement. This role reports to the Managing Director. *This is a national search with paid relocation available.*
Our client is a well–organized, prestigious university in the Chicagoland area. It is heavily metrics driven with a wide range of groundbreaking research and academic programs.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years development experience securing foundation and corporate grants required
- 3+ years supervisory experience required
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Professional experience in a university setting or similarly complex institution, healthcare fundraising, or education/training in a medical field preferred
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Expert ability to manage multiple priorities with minimal direction
- Able to travel locally and nationally as needed
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Lead the Foundation and Corporate Relations team to raise $10 – $20M annually
- Personally manage a portfolio of 50+ foundations/corporations capable of giving in the $100K – $1M range, oversee the team’s portfolio of up to 300 prospects
- Collaborate across departments, faculty, volunteers, and staff to identify and qualify prospects
- Develop and maintain relationships with foundation and corporate donors, staff, and trustees
- Coordinate across departments to arrange cultivation visits and stewardship events and ensure all opportunities to cultivate/steward prospective donors and donors are maximized
- Create and implement solicitation strategies, including writing and presenting proposals as well as managing the submission of proposals written by staff/faculty
- Oversee the gift acknowledgement system and ensure it is done in a timely, personalized, and expert manner
- Prepare sophisticated and strategic correspondence for the Dean and others involved in cultivation/solicitation
- Lead stewardship efforts, including independently preparing stewardship reports and coordinating reports written by staff/faculty
- Create, monitor, and manage the team’s annual fiscal year budget
- Serve as a member of Leadership and supervise a team of up to 3 employees with up to 3 direct reports
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Director of Foundation & Corporate Relations” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.