Do you have 5-7 years of experience in corporate, foundation and government agency giving?
Do you have strong work ethic and the desire to thrive in a demanding environment?
Do you have ability to work effectively in a multifaceted, team environment?
We are currently in search of a Director of Institutional Giving for a Cultural Museum. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a permanent, full-time role.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Cultural Museum
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Director of Institutional Giving
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Director of Institutional Giving position is responsible for managing, implementing, and growing the corporate, foundation and government donor base, with an emphasis on corporate donors. The Director will assist the VP of Institutional Giving in the attainment of all corporate, foundation and government revenue goals for both annual operating needs and special campaigns.
Our client is the fourth largest organization of its type in the US and serves over 650,000.00 people a year. Great office culture that’s lively and positive.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Vacation, PTO and Sick time
- Several other additional benefits included
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Will possess 5-7 years of corporate, foundation and government fundraising experience
- Has experience in all aspects of the fundraising process, including solicitation and stewardship of institutional major gifts
- Possesses a BA/BS, Preferred
- Is proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint and donor software, Raiser’s Edge
- Possesses strong communication skills, with excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Is a self-starter who is detail oriented
- Demonstrated creativity, resourcefulness, and effectiveness
- Strong organizational, planning, and administrative skills
- Occasional travel, locally
How You Will Spend Your Day: Manage and grow portfolio of corporations, foundations and government agencies for program, general operating, exhibit, and campaign (program, capital and endowment) needs (65%)
- Identify, research, cultivate, and solicit prospects for both operations and the campaign
- Write proposals and develop supporting materials for sponsorship and contributed opportunities by working with program and exhibit staff
- Maintain effective and consistent relationships and communication with donors, including benefits fulfillment
- Generate donor reports, profiles, and meeting briefs to support the fundraising process
- Manage related data and reports in Raiser’s Edge
- Work with Board members, President/CEO, VP of Development and/or VP of Institutional Giving on strategy and solicitations
Oversee the corporate membership and volunteer programs, including (25%)
- Grow and manage the corporate membership program, including overall program and benefits to meet revenue goals
- Develop strategies to identify new prospects and steward existing corporate members to maintain consistent renewal rates
- Prepare corporate membership communications and compile attendance reports
- Coordinate and attend corporate family days and corporate volunteer events
- Assist VP, Institutional Giving in overall development and management of Corporate, Foundation and Government Revenue and Expense Projections
- Coordinate with development staff and other museum departments to fund program/exhibit priorities
- Contribute to annual planning, strategy and goal-setting
- Contribute to the maintenance of department systems, including Raisers Edge reports, lists and data
- As appropriate, participate in institution-wide discussions and inter-departmental teams
- Demonstrate the museums mission and vision as outlined in our foundation documents and performs other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Director of Institutional Giving” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.