Do you have at least 3 years of IT Management experience?
Are you skilled in the ACGI database system?
Do you have at least 3 years of experience in a client server environment?
We are currently in search of a Director of IT Services for an Association. The position is based in Northern Chicagoland. This is a permanent, full-time position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Association
LOCATION: Northern Chicagoland IL
POSITION TITLE: Director of IT Services
SALARY: $80,000 – $90,000
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Director of IT Services will be responsible for all aspects of IT including budget, procurement, infrastructure, systems, support, vision and leadership of the department to help the association meet its goals. This position will align the business processes and IT infrastructure to realize cost savings, accelerate performance, and sustain strategic flexibility. S/He will collaborate with leaders of other operational departments (Marketing; Finance; Education; Membership; Convention) to determine their technology needs.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Vacation, PTO and Sick Time
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in technology-related field required
- Minimum of three years of work experience in a client server environment required
- Experience with ACGI database system required
- Background covering network architectures, server architectures, telecommunications, and operations
- Strong design, coding, testing, documentation, and debugging skills
- Knowledge of version and revision control / structured change management practices and procedures
- Preferred demonstrated expertise in the following database/development environments:
- SQL, including programming interactions with back-end SQL queries/databases
- XML, HTML
- Microsoft .Net, ASP.Net development environments
- Office 365
- BOXI, Crystal Reports
- Experience operating with modern software engineering methodologies and approaches such as Scrum, DevOps and DevSecOps
- Ability to establish strategic and tactical roadmaps
- Able to work with teams to balance solution vs. budget, schedule, and tools
- Focus on broad technical expertise and understanding (concepts vs. vendors)
- Enthusiasm to learn new technologies, and ability to do so quickly, on the job
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Plan and manage annual IT budget
- Work closely with Senior Management to plan and execute IT strategies for the association
- Manage development resources, staff, and consultants to ensure consistent development and delivery of application, reporting, system training, and other tools
- Develop, enhance, and champion software application tools, modules, etc., in accordance with standardized architectural, testing, and documentation specifications
- Oversee development of reporting tools and associated documentation based on standardized structure, naming conventions, and validation/testing processes
- Identify/troubleshoot application reporting and code related issues and debugging operations as part of a standardized quality control process
- Support ongoing initiatives for web/portal-based tools (i.e., ACGI) facilitating web-based / mobile platform information access
- Maintain custom applications / code modules functionality through vendor architecture / API changes and enhancements based on standardized application lifecycle management processes
- Oversee maintenance of development environment used for feasibility / proof-of-concept studies and beta testing / debugging initiatives
- Manage ACGI systems environment and integration
- Manage Office 365, domains, and other IT-related tasks as needed
- Train and support staff in using the internal database and financial systems
- Support staff with questions on general software (Office 365) and computer usage
- Create and maintain analytics and reporting features for staff to use; working closely with Digital Marketing on front-end analytics efforts
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of IT Services” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.