Are you a mission-driven professional who is passionate about animal welfare? Do you enjoy engaging with your community and donors? Are you empowered by achieving goals with your team and growing professionally?
We are currently in search of a Major Gifts Officer for an Animal Welfare Organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a temporary position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Animal Welfare Organization
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Major Gifts Officer
DURATION: Temporary (with potential to go permanent)
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Major Gifts Officer reporting to the Vice President of Development, you will be responsible for meeting major gifts revenue goals, as well as soliciting, stewarding, and cultivating individual gifts.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s preferred
- 5+ years of demonstrable development experience in soliciting and securing funds
- Experience working on a capital campaign
- Passion for the humane treatment of animals
- Experienced working with Raiser’s Edge
- Experienced working with diverse communities
- Comfortable with public speaking and acting as an advocate
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Manage a portfolio of family foundations and individuals
- Cultivate, steward, and solicit major gifts from prospective donors
- Collaborate with Development team to create strategies that increase revenue
- Develop annual fundraising goals
- Work closely with Marketing and Communications teams on developing materials for donors
- Plan special events for donors
- Use software and department metrics to track and steward donors
- Act as a leader and representative of the organization at public events
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Major Gifts Officer” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.