Do you have 5+ years of membership experience at a member association?
Are you a problem-solver and team player with a proven track record of growing membership?
We are currently in search of a Director of Member Services for a Healthcare Professionals Membership Association. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, temporary to permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Healthcare Professionals Membership Association
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Director of Member Services
DURATION: Temp to Permanent
SCHEDULE: 40 hours/week
Is This Your Dream Job? The Director of Member Services will be working in conjunction with the Membership Marketing Manager and Sr. Manager of Customer Service to determine the needs of members and prospective members and develop plans to provide services. Ideal candidate will develop and deliver strategy, advice, counsel and service necessary to meet the organizational goals of and significantly grow and maintain membership populations.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5-10 years of related membership experience in an association environment required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in membership recruitment and retention campaigns a must
- Excellent communication, presentation, verbal and writing skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service and the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external customers
- Demonstrated experience working with large databases of numeric and statistical data preferred
- Budgeting experience preferred
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Develop initiatives to increase engagement with and between members
- Analyze data in order to develop, articulate and implement the strategies to meet the needs of changing markets
- Oversee member affinity programs, evaluate program performance, vendor contracts and update program
- Develop and manage process for regularly identifying member and potential member needs
- Research the need for promotions based on demographics, market segmentation data, survey data, and customer feedback and collaborate with Membership Marketing Manager to execute promotions
- Collaborate with marketing department on the development of national membership campaigns, supporting their efforts to increase and retain members in all populations.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Director of Membership” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
** Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.